- Material number: 11051
- High-performance standard focal lens with a field of view equivalent that of a 56 mm lens in compact format
- Innovative central shutter for maximum freedom when using additional light
- Excellent imaging performance at all distances and apertures
- creative use of sharpness and fuzziness for a vivid accentuation of subject details
- best image quality to the edges thanks to aspherical surfaces
- sealed against dust and splash water
The Leica Summarit-S 70mm f/2.5 ASPH. is the ideal standard focal length for all photographic needs. Its extreme speed and excellent imaging performance guarantee outstanding results at all apertures and distances. The incorporated aspherical element almost completely eliminates monochromatic aberration and emphasises the exceptional character of the lens.
The eight elements of its optical system are arranged in six groups. Two elements are made from glasses with high anomalous partial dispersion minimise chromatic aberrations. Glasses with high refractive indices and one aspherical element prevent monochromatic aberrations. The built-in front filter provides optimal protection against splash water and dust and is an integral part of the optical design. Excellent close-range performance is guaranteed by the combination of a floating element with full-system focusing.
Scope of delivery:
Lens cap S E82 (order no. 16019), rear lens cap S (order no. 16020), lens bag (order no. 439-606.100-000), lens hood (order no. 12401)