- 2-way fluid birding heads designed specifically for birding and wildlife photography
- The ?uid cartridges guarantee ultra-smooth and controlled pan and tilt movements
- Quick, easy and efficient equipment attachment and removal via a single knob (Single-Lock System)
- High stability and maximum precision avoid even the smallest play
- Optimal design: extremely sturdy, lightweight and compact
- FSuitable for both right-and left-handed use. Removable (even more compact and ideal for travel).
- With ¼ camera screw
- Supports loads up to: 4kg/10kg* or 8.82 lbs/22.05 lbs*
The Gitzo 2-way fluid head GH1720QR was developed specifically for wildlife photographers and bird watchers continuing Gitzo's tradition of developing unique solutions for specific uses. While tripod heads for wildlife photographers and observers are subject to requirements different from those of video and photography equipment, most wildlife photographers still use tripod heads developed for videography or photography. Usually, these heads are bigger, heaver and more complicated than required by wildlife photography.
*The higher load-bearing capacity was determined according to competitors' standards directly at the adjusting screw of the head. This method leads to a load-bearing capacity 2.5 times higher than in the case of the much stricter Gitzo standard assuming a lever arm of 12cm to simulate the centre of mass of the device.
NOTE: The head is also available in Serie 2s (GH2720QR).